Thursday, October 16, 2008

190lbs weight loss



OK here Is what I am to day looking and feeling a lot better.

Here is what I used to look like before. It's hard for me to look at the old me I don't really remember how bad I looked but I sure do remember how I felt in the before I was hiding a walking stick behind my back couldn't walk much with out one.



Well It took 18 months but I did some thing many said I could never do I went from 318 lbs down to 128lbs. How do I feel? Thin, healthier, not bad for an old gal like me.
But here is the hard part keeping it off for live. I have to remember that I may look thin but there is and will aways be a fat person inside of me trying to get out. If I ever let the fat one take back control I will fail.
How Did I loss so much? I learned to cook healthy foods that the whole family could and would eat. learned there is more to life then the frying pan. there was one other little trick I did that was to get square plates (You know you can't put as much food on them then round ones?)
I learned I love steamed veggies and so does the kids which was lucky for them lol we eat them a lot and Chicken, fish and Pork has became our main meats. I still eat steak but its smaller and not so often. Pasta is a big part of our life I make sauces from scratch which means I know what is going in to it and what is not.
We still have our little treats, OK! I still have to have a cookie, but one, not the whole packet.


Losing this much weight or just a couple of pounds is never easy. It took me a long time just to get started, Once I did, there was times I wanted to give up. Times when the weight just would not move no matter what I did, but I kept going. This it was all about my health I walked with a stick i had to stop to get my breath my legs and back hurt from all the weight. I have 3 wonderful kids that I needed to hang around for so it was something I had to do. And hay the new cloths I had to buy was not so bad as well lol.


Ok I should have done this in the first place but wasn't sure I could do it but I been asked for a before and after photo. so here goes.












18 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum Steamed Veggies ahh great now i'm ungry time to get a snack.

Dido said...

Nice one Zman! Carrots in the fridge if Buster didn't eat them all lol

Unknown said...

Thumper probly won't let me eat carrots because he wants them:)

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh! I am so impressed!!!! That is so great! Congratulations!!! You should post a before and after picture!

I'm trying to lose some weight and it's been really slow so I can really appreciate the hard work and dedication it took to lose that much!

Unknown said...

Yeah if you post a before and after pitcher that would be a good idea any way congrats on loseing all that wait.
Sorry for the bad spelling.

Unknown said...

Great way to explain your wait lost:)

paintergal said...

Wow, oh wow! You are my hero. Congratulations on losing all the weight. I know it was hard work, but it sounds like you did it the smart way with lifestyle choices.

Pat said...

Oh, my goodness! You should be so proud of yourself....this was not easy and you look just GREAT!!! I know you are excited about your new self...and rightly so. Thanks for sharing. And, also, thanks for your visit to my blog tonight. I really appreciate your comment...and the visit. Pat

Cindy said...

Wow, you added before and after pictures!! You look so much younger now!!! You don't even look at all like you did before! I bet people don't even recognize you now! Congratulations!

Jen Kershner said...

Wow! That is such an inspiring story. You are amazing. Now your outside matches your inside.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your wt loss, Dido. It's an amazing story and so inspirational.

Thanks so much for visiting the back porch.

Kristi said...

WOW Dido you look fantastic!! What an accomplishment you made!!! My hat is off to you! This was just the inspiration I needed to shed off the rest of this baby weight!! Did you exercise as well? Thanks for sharing your awesome story with us! Keep on blogging Dido! :)
xoxo
Kristi

Dido said...

Thanks everyone for your nice comments, Kristi the only exercise I believe in is heavy decorating, amazing what you can loss laying floors and painting lol and you move furniture around a lot it really help.

Dido said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cotedetexas said...

Wow! HOw wonderful!!! what a great feat. I really need to lose weight too, ughh - but this gives me inspiration! congratulations.

Thompsons Photography said...

This has been an inspiration to me. I congradulate you on such a great accomplishment and not giving up. I suffer from my weight and have said year after year...I'm going to lose it. Here I go :)

Dido said...

Thanks lady's I wish you the best of luck. One thing I have learned is that losing weight is not to do with the state of your body but the state your mind. Once you can get it in to your head then the weight will come off with out pills or fancy diets. My hardest part now is keeping the weight off not allowing myself to slip back in to the old ways of eating.

Kat said...

WOW! Now I love a good remodel before and after story! Your before and after pictures are very inspirational. You look fantastic.